Twitter feed

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Running keeps me regular

Warning: Do not read if you are offended by bodily functions!

Hadn't run for four days not including the walk on the weekend until last night when I ran home the 8Km from West Beach. I know I had been feeling a bit "bound up" over that time, so it was no surprise that as I was about half way home, I suddenly needed to go quite badly. I made it home and made a b-line for the loo. What a relief!

Anyway, legs felt a bit heavy still from the walk, but the blisters and other soreness were OK, so I think I might make it to the start of the Greenbelt Half Marathon on the weekend. I've put on a few kilos and I haven't been logging huge miles lately, so I think I might aim for 1:30 and reassess as I'm running.

2 comments:

Robert Song said...

I'm suprised that there is not much more discussion about running and regularity. When I was in full marathon training I know it was something that had to be managed. I was eating like two horses. As what goes in, must come out, I found that getting my training runs in sync with the digestive system was essential and rather embarassing when things didn't go to plan.

Unknown said...

You know you're a runner when...

you can talk about bowel motions and others add their comments too!

Nearly got caught out a couple when I was really, really new to running. Took me a while to make the connection between the two events. Definately something I factor in now.

Quote from "Grumpy Old Men" (ABC TV?) "Food is just crap waiting to happen"