Twitter feed

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Not pushing it

I was going to run with Tracktimers this morning, but since I ran yesterday and the leg has a slight tingling still, I thought I'd better not push my luck with running two days in a row. I'll run tomorrow instead.

Yesterday's run felt good. I feel like my fitness is returning quite quickly and this is reflected by my heart rate - my laps of the uni loop are getting faster while the average heart rate is decreasing. I did the circuit again and this time my arms and abs aren't so sore the next day. The exercises I did were: Crunches, seated dips (?), reverse incline crunches, chin-ups (still sadly poor at this), incline crunches and push-ups.

PS. The poll results haven't changed much with the dozen or so extra votes from last time. My conclusion? Runners are much the same as the general public in this regard, ie 55-60% sensible (folders), 35-40% crazy (scrunchers), 5-10% eccentric (rollers and other).

2 comments:

miners said...

good to hear that I'm not the only person in the world who sucks big time at chin-ups

Wobbly man said...

Sounds like a smart choice Dave! Its wierd how the heart rate soon goes up if you aren't running regularly.