Twitter feed

Monday, May 02, 2005

Race plan, what raceplan?

Yesterday I ran in my second Greenbelt half marathon. I was hoping for a time of under 1:30. My time last year was 1:22.37, but this year in the lead up I haven't been doing any long runs, just long walks in preparation for the 61k SCC last weekend. I had a race plan and pace wristband printed out and everything, but as soon as the gun went off, I bolted and forgot about tactics totally. Before I knew it, I was running 1:20 pace! Anyway, by about 12-13km I was really feeling it, my pace dropped back and I was just running to finish. I was overtaken by a couple of guys, but I did overtake a couple myself, so my pace couldn't have been too bad. Finished in 1: 28.06. I'm fairly happy with this given my recent training, but I will have to up the mileage (especially on the long runs) if I want to make it to the Pichi Richi marathon in July.
 
Also, I lost my dog tag during the race (stupid, I know). I'm hoping someone will find it and call me.

--
"No, try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

1 comment:

Robert Song said...

I think almost everyone under estimates the benefits of long slow exercise (even walking) on building endurance. Still even taking that into account, that was an excellent run. Awesome.