Twitter feed

Monday, June 27, 2005

Improvement

The nagging sore throat has gone away, I feel a lot better, now all I have to do is get rid of this runny nose and I'll be back on the road. NO, I didn't go to the doctor, and I'm not going to now unless I get worse again.
Must be the therapeutic effect of the nice meal and wine I had yesterday at the Star of Greece Cafe. Quick mini review.
Food: very good but not many options for vegetarians. We had the roast pumpkin and almond ravioli on bed of spinach with creamy sauce (not sure of name).
Wine: Excellent wine list, very expensive but a lot of 'older' vintages. We had the 2001 Rosemount GSM which was beautiful.
Service: Disappointing. For the price (mains $25-35) and reputation of this place, it could be a lot better.
Views: Possibly the best seaside views of any restaurant/cafe in SA.
Score: 3.5 out of 5

2 comments:

A Girl Running said...

It's great to hear your better - at least you won't need to change the blog name! (I liked the name ideas though...especially the last one - very funny)

Enjoy your return to running =)

I love the mini review idea. Your choice of meal sounds really nice and I have written down the Rosemount Grenache so I remember to try it.

I was a vegetarian up until almost 5 year ago, how do you maintain high enough iron levels to run?

Carolyne said...

Keep up the restaurant mini reviews! Love 'em.

Intrigued about the ravioli at the 'Star of Greece', not a traditional greek restaurant I take it then?

I hope that the therapeutic effect continues and you are able to :) soon!