Twitter feed

Monday, June 27, 2005

Improvement

The nagging sore throat has gone away, I feel a lot better, now all I have to do is get rid of this runny nose and I'll be back on the road. NO, I didn't go to the doctor, and I'm not going to now unless I get worse again.
Must be the therapeutic effect of the nice meal and wine I had yesterday at the Star of Greece Cafe. Quick mini review.
Food: very good but not many options for vegetarians. We had the roast pumpkin and almond ravioli on bed of spinach with creamy sauce (not sure of name).
Wine: Excellent wine list, very expensive but a lot of 'older' vintages. We had the 2001 Rosemount GSM which was beautiful.
Service: Disappointing. For the price (mains $25-35) and reputation of this place, it could be a lot better.
Views: Possibly the best seaside views of any restaurant/cafe in SA.
Score: 3.5 out of 5

1 comment:

Carolyne said...

Keep up the restaurant mini reviews! Love 'em.

Intrigued about the ravioli at the 'Star of Greece', not a traditional greek restaurant I take it then?

I hope that the therapeutic effect continues and you are able to :) soon!