Twitter feed

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Longish run

I tentatively went for a long run this morning. Got up late after working late last night and then took Addi to the beach and back (6.5km) and then ran directly into uni (10.5km) for a longish run of 17km. The achilles felt OK, and, owing to the four days off, my legs felt pretty fresh which, is a change for my long run. It wasn't really such a long run, but it was good to get back out there. The calf is feeling a little bit tight now, so plenty of stretching and massage over the next week and hopefully I can quickly build up to the mileage I was doing two weeks ago.

8 comments:

Tesso said...

Good news on the achilles Dave, the rest has obviously done the world of good.

Tee hee, funny how you think 17k isn't a long run - say that to the average Australian :-)

Wobbly man said...

Congrats on the long one Dave. Do you get an occassional massage? When I come back from injury I find they really help.

mikepower said...

Dave, your run was long enough especially after coming back from a niggle. Keep up those massages as they really help get by those niggles and pains that definately come up. You ask me on my blog what I normally did during my 'peak' training for CG and OG. Well I would have to say about 60-75 minutes was about as long as it got, but the speed of the run was the important thing for me.

Tammy said...

'niggle'? nevermind.

Yeah! no pain is good. :)

Black Knight said...

17 km is a long run. Don't be in hurry to recover after a painful situation! You have all the time to rebuild your mileage.

E-Speed said...

hope the achilles holds up for some more long runs!

brucer said...

well done dave - re achilles etc. hope your training for marathon still goes to plan - it will be my first this year too.
some trivia "in 1900 the avreage person walked 17km more than the average person today."
amazing isn't it

Ellie80 said...

good news on the achilles - but I am waiting for more interesting words... hehe

E