Twitter feed

Monday, April 03, 2006

Patience

No, it is not one of my favourite words, nor is it one of my stronger qualities. I do like it as a name. It is rare in Australia, but I have seen a few African and Carribean people with that name. But I digress. The achilles is slowly recovering, but I'm taking it slowly so as to avoid a recurrence. The next month should be pretty lean as I build up slowly. Not sure what races I'll be aiming at, but there is a chance that I might be able to make it to the Barossa half. We'll have to see if we have enough $$$ for that though.

The cold is totally gone, but RunCarly is sick now. There is also a nasty 'flu going around at the moment which I will try my hardest to avoid.

Got back into the weights and strengthening yesterday. I'm hoping that this will pay off in the long term by strengthening my core and thus helping my running form and preventing any other injuries. I have a congenital back problem called spondylolysis, which was a problem many times through my hockey career. The main problem that it causes is tightness and pain in the hamstrings, but it can refer to other muscles. I'm thinking that it may be involved in the achilles/calf problem, so any stretching and strengthening of my back and abdominals should have some benefit.

Anyway, have to get back to work. I'll update how I go with running around the track on Thursday morning.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Patience is a virtue
Possess it if you can
Seldom in a woman
But never in a man


My mum used to say that all the time :-)