Twitter feed

Monday, September 12, 2005

Amber's Gully to Bridgewater

Ran the trailblazer course from Amber's Gully to Bridgewater Yesterday (about 40km, maybe 1-2 km more) . It took a while, but we got there in the end. I felt really good, so at about 28km, I ran ahead to get a coffee and muffin at Mt Lofty Summit. There was a bit of rain and the track was a little bit muddy, but I really hope we have similar conditions for the run. The temperature was ideal for running unlike two weeks ago. At the end of the run my Polar showed that I had burned 5024 Calories over the whole run. I can't eat that much food in a day let alone in 5 hours!

We still haven't found a replacement runner, but we are following up some options.

This week: 2-3 runs during the week totalling 30-40km then a long run on Sunday of about 40-45km. I won't be running in the city to bay because I have to look after the kids while RunCarly runs in it. I had considered running in it with the kids in a pram, but I think the cost outweighs the benefit and it also would interfere with me doing my long run.

No comments: