Twitter feed

Friday, August 12, 2005

Sore legs

Legs were really sore on the run home last night and had a little soreness through the ITB. Probably a combination of older shoes and the higher mileage over the last month. I think I'll retire a couple of pairs of runners now, I was trying to milk a few extra kms out of them. I had a run planned for today but I will give it a miss so that the legs recover for the weekend long run and so that I don't overdo it for the marathon. This weekend I will be doing CP1 to CP3 of the trailblazer = 27km with some big hills. After that, some serious taper for the marathon.

I epilated the legs the other night (ouch) to make massage easier and less hair pulling (and to get the legs looking good for the marathon : ). Seems timely now seeing that the soreness from extra km is really starting to show.

Also, can anyone tell me how I can insert some text into any of the coloured boxes at the top of this page. I'd like to put a description of the blog up there like I've seen on other blogs.

2 comments:

A Girl Running said...

Dave I can see you have put your mileage in the table....so guessing someone helped you out with that already....is that what you meant? LOL you have covered more distance this year than I have since I started running and you were sick for two months!!

It looks like you have changed your blog description up the top too.

I can't believe you use an epilator - I am too scared to use one! I have read in the ausrun forums that a few guys keep there legs smooth - is it for the massage purpose?

Hope you have a great running weekend

A Girl Running said...

ps: love the weather thingie at the bottom of your blog!