Twitter feed

Friday, May 26, 2006

Good progress

Saw the physio this afternoon and he said he is happy with my progress. The lump on my tendon is half the original size, the tendon is moving freely and the calf is a lot less painful to his deep tissue massage. He has suggested no more than 4 runs per week for 4-6 weeks and just build up the length of the runs with one run a week up to 45 minutes. No speedwork for at least 2 months. He's suggested to do more slump stretches to loosen up the whole back of the legs which may release the calves a bit. He aggrees that I shouldn't do the eccentric exercises until the calf feels up to it. I just sent him an SMS asking whether trail running with or without hills is OK. So I'm pretty happy with this course of action. I'll run every second day for 20-30 minutes and try building a longer run up to 45 minutes over then next month or so. I'll go back and see him in 5-6 weeks to see how things are going and to get his thoughts about going in a few shorter events.

The poll is getting some interesting responses.

Ava good weekend!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

That's great news Dave, enough to maintain a decent base. Frustrating though I guess when you think where you were at before.